Grimwood: Attack of the Stink Monster - Nadia Shireen
A Bigfoot is on the loose! Ted, Nancy, Willow and the rest of the Grimwood gang must embark on their greatest adventure yet to save their home from a nasty, thieving stink monster. Monster hunters are GO!
Thrilled to be the final stop on the blogtour for this, the latest in Nadia Shireen's fab and funny (and only a little bit frightening!) Grimwood series.
As part of the blogtour I was lucky enough to be able to ask author, Nadia, what her five favourite monsters were! read her interesting answers below, and check out the other stops on the blogtour for more fun facts and content:
What are your top five monsters from movies or books?
1. The shark from Jaws, who doesn’t even have a name so I will call her Mabel. When you first watch Jaws you are on the human’s side, but now I am totally on the shark’s side.
2. Gizmo from Gremlins. Though actually, he causes ALL the problems in that film and yet everyone forgives him because he’s cute and sings in that weird way.
3. Frankenstein’s monster from Frankenstein. He didn’t *ask* to be born.
4. King Kong. He’s just a gorilla wandering around the big city who falls in love and then gets loads of hassle. It’s so unfair.
5. Bernard from Not Now, Bernard! Or do I mean the monster? Is the monster actually Bernard? What I do know is I hope Bernard’s parents get eaten..
Nadia Shireen has won awards for her picture books including the UKLA Book Award for Good Little Wolf and most recently for Barbara Throws a Wobbler, which has been described as a 'little doorway of joy' by Caitlin Moran. She's also been shortlisted for the Roald Dahl Funny Prize and the Waterstones Children's Book Prize, and has been Writer-Illustrator in Residence for BookTrust. Grimwood is her first series for older readers.
Published by Simon and Schuster, Grimwood is out now - order a copy and find out more via this link:
Blog post by Rich Simpson (@richreadalot) September 2023